Four Door Lemon Ltd
Based in Bradford, Yorkshire, England
2nd December, 2010
DescriptionThe men in white coats do more than just act as mobile clothes stands for bowlers. These finger waggers make the life or death decisions that effect the outcome of every cricket match. They may not come in for as much abuise as football referees but the Umpires are just as important. Could you stand intheir shoes and make those decisions. Could you know what to do if a batsman’s bat breaks in half mid-shot. He trips on the piece of broken blade, knocking it back into the stumps. You are the Umpire – wonderful drawings from renowned artist Paul Trevillion – puts you in the spotlight and asks you question. But do you have the cricket knowledge to make the right call. Could you do a better job than the umpire? You Are The Umpire is the only cricket trivia game you’ll ever need. Incorporating a plethora of official artwork drawn by the legend that is Paul Trevillion and official guidance on the laws of the game from former International umpire John Holder, You Are The Umpire is the ultimate cricket trivia game.
HistoryThe success of the evergreen You are the Ref series by Paul Trevillion and Keith Keith Hackett soon gave rise to a popular cricket spin-off: You Are The Umpire which launched in 2007 with top umpire John Holder providing the answers. It's now online and a new book of the series was published in May 2009.
- 2 game modes to test your skills: Sudden Death which makes no allowances for bad decisions and Assessment which will test your mettle and see if you are worthy of your white coat!
- Beautifully hand drawn illustrations.
- Hundreds of questions ranging from the everyday to the flat-out ridiculous with answers from one of the greatest umpiring names in cricket.
- Compete against your friends using global leaderboards and achievements via Game Center (iOS) to see who really is the true cricket aficionado.
- Create customisable strips and send them out via Facebook and Email (iOS exclusive).
- PSM exclusive Name the Player mode will test just how well you know your favourite stars.
There are currently no trailers available for You are the Umpire. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Great for all cricket fans and enthusiasts!Great game." Joe652, UK App Store
- "I am a cricket lover and I thought that I knew all the rules of the sport but this app has taught me more about the laws of cricket. Love it." Tre/ki , UK App Store
- "Just when you thought you knew everything there is to know about the worlds greatest game - along comes YATU! For cricket fans - buy it!" Cricket - the only real sport! , US App Store
- "This is a must have cricket app." Amita27, US App Store
- "Great application for current umpires or people thinking of becoming one." ADW286, Australian App Store
- "It has really great questions and quite relevant to the current game." Megan Pietersen, Australian App Store
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Four Door Lemon Ltd
Starting out as a work-for-hire and middleware developer in 2005 we have continued to expand our hugely experienced team to develop games of all genres and scales for every released (and some not released!) gaming platform. Recent projects include the PlayStation Vita’s AR titles Table Football, Table Ice Hockey and Table Mini Golf. We have since collaborated with other games developers on projects such as New Star Games’ New Star Soccer, Hello Games’ Joe Danger for PSVita / Android, and Mediatonic’s Foul Play for PS4 / PSVita. In late 2012 we began work on our original IP ‘101 Ways To Die’ as part of our gradual shift from work-for-hire to own IP development.
More information on Four Door Lemon Ltd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
You are the Umpire Credits