Four Door Lemon Ltd
Based in Bradford, Yorkshire, England
4th June 2010
DescriptionKnow your offside from your elbow? Consider yourself a football expert? Think you could do a better job than the ref? Then look no further for the perfect game to probe your mind and give you a smug smile of satisfaction over your superior soccer summations. You Are The Ref is the only football trivia game you’ll need. Four Door Lemon Ltd are thrilled to bring a much-loved cult classic hurtling firmly into the 21st century, landing squarely on your iOS phone or tablet, as well as your PlayStation Mobile devices. Incorporating selected artwork created over 50 years from the cult football strip drawn by Paul Trevillion and official guidance on the laws from former Premier League referee Keith Hackett, You Are The Ref is the ultimate football trivia game.
HistoryYou Are The Ref - the cult classic cartoon strip responsible for 90 percent of all 1970s playground rows - made its newspaper debut in 1957. Featuring a series of hardcore refereeing dilemmas, it demands you react instantly and accurately to the situations you face.The strip's original artist, comic realism legend Paul Trevillion, and the Premier League's Head of Referees Keith Hackett agreed to bring YATR back to life in 2006, and it went live online for the first time in August 2008. It is now coming to most major gaming platforms to spread the knowledge and the arguments over who knows what truely worldwide.
- Top football trivia on iOS and PlayStation Mobile compatible devices including PlayStation Vita.
- Hundreds of questions ranging from the everyday to the flat-out ridiculous with answers from one of the greatest refereeing names in Premier League football.
- Beautifully hand drawn illustrations.
- 3 brain teasing and challenging game modes (4 on PSM).
- PSM exclusive Name the Player mode will test just how well you know your favourite stars.
You are the Ref iOS YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "I’ve been a big fan of YATR for many years (I recently bought the 2010 edition book!). It’s a great concept that reminds me of those ‘you choose the story’ books from the 80′s. Trevillion’s art work is amazing and the questions are a challenging treat for any football fan, I’ve won many arguments over the years thanks to YATR!! A great footy app just in time for the big one!!! 5 out of 5."
- "Great artwork some fiendish scenarios and great fun working out your own decisions."
- "As a fan I have found it pretty addictive, especially at the beginning " Andrew Semple, UK App Store
- "Excellent app for referees, both new and existing. Really makes you think and although some scenarios seem a little far fetched, they could happen! Worth every penny, helped me pass my referee exam! " jonnyoliver, UK App Store
- "I couldn't believe it when I found out YATR had an iPhone app. Well done, gents." mr.method , US App Store
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Four Door Lemon Ltd
Starting out as a work-for-hire and middleware developer in 2005 we have continued to expand our hugely experienced team to develop games of all genres and scales for every released (and some not released!) gaming platform. Recent projects include the PlayStation Vita’s AR titles Table Football, Table Ice Hockey and Table Mini Golf. We have since collaborated with other games developers on projects such as New Star Games’ New Star Soccer, Hello Games’ Joe Danger for PSVita / Android, and Mediatonic’s Foul Play for PS4 / PSVita. In late 2012 we began work on our original IP ‘101 Ways To Die’ as part of our gradual shift from work-for-hire to own IP development.
More information on Four Door Lemon Ltd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
You are the Ref Credits