We handled the development of The Lighthouse HD, designed by industry veteran Stuart Burrows.
‘The Lighthouse HD’ is a uniquely atmospheric game of ships, collision avoidance, sea monsters and fog. Forget the line-drawing games of the past, and Follow the Light!
As darkness falls, the storm ravaged seas begin to swell, and the fog closes in. Only the sentinel Lighthouse, with its guiding light, stands against the elements and fearsome creatures of the deep.
Use the light to guide the myriad vessels to safety. These range from small, fast moving speedboats and luxury yachts, to cruisers and mega tankers. Avoid collisions with other vessels, rocks, mines and whirlpools! Drive back the pervasive fog, before it envelops everything!
Creatures that haunt the abyssal depths will rise to prey on the unwary! Huge Megalodon sharks and colossal squid will hunt your vessels! Spectral ghost ships and alluring Sirens will drive them onto the rocks! Fight back with flares, warning buoys and foghorn blasts! Hunt down the fabled Kraken with cannons and depth charges!
Do you have what it takes to guide the ships to safety? Can you survive through the night, or will the fearsome denizens of the deep, drag your ships down to the crushing depths… ‘The Lighthouse’. A uniquely atmospheric game of ships, collision avoidance, sea monsters and fog. Forget the line-drawing games of the past, and Follow the Light!
- Unique and intensely addictive gameplay!
- Cutting-edge 3D visuals push the iPad 1 and 2 to the limit, in creating one of the most atmospheric games on the app store.
- Stunning animation brings monsters of the deep to life.
- 10+ ship types for players to master!
- Hazards! Avoid rocks, fog, whirlpools, sea-monsters, and more!
- 30 challenging and diverse levels, ranging from single to large multi-screen environments.
- 3 Challenge Scenarios: ‘Feeding Frenzy’, ‘Burning Seas’, ‘Night of the Kraken’.
- Go fishing in dangerous waters, fight fires and hunt the beast of myth and legend!
- Use warning buoys, fire flares, sound foghorns and launch depth charges to survive!
- Incredible cinematic music and sound effects. (For the full effect, The Lighthouse is best played with headphones.)
- GameCenter and OpenFeint support for leader boards and achievements.
- Earn a range of ornate medals, as you complete level challenges!
- In-depth tutorials guide players throughout the game.
- Amazing water effects a fully dynamic sea, with reflections and refraction!
- Dynamic weather effects! Storms! Rain! Fog!
- Spectacular ship collisions! It’s fun just to see them sink and be pulled under!
- Incredible lighting effects, as night ends and dawn breaks!
- 60fps on iPad2!
Designer: Stuart Burrows
Publisher: Kavcom Limited
Release Date: 19th January 2012
Buy The Lighthouse HD