We worked closely with Sports Director Ltd in bringing their Football Director game to the Nintendo DS platform. In addition to providing the design, artwork, and programming the game was powered by our Lemon Engine technology which helped transition this game into an awesome handheld management game.
Challenges facing us included squeezing over 4000 players into the available save and RAM space as well as the development of a highly usable interface with a helpful tutorial system on top.
We also performed a large amount of optimisation work to make sure the processing time was restricted to enable the game to perfectly fit into short burst gameplay while commuting or grabbing a 10 minute break.
As part of our standard development process we performed extensive automated testing and profiling to ensure the random nature of the football management genre performed to the highest level and to eliminate any bugs early on.
We had a really great time on this project and look forward to it becoming a successful future franchise in the management market.
- Manage your team to league & cup glory
- Monitor & control your club finances
- Negotiate player contracts & wages
- Buy & sell players on the transfer markets
- Recruit players from Italian, German & Spanish leagues
- Train your squad to their maximum fitness & ability
- Select match tactics & strategies
- Hire & fire backroom staff
- Watch & listen to matches unfold with live commentary and crowd responses
- Intuitive, Nintendo DS stylus-driven interface allows quick and easy access to all screens and data.
Games Master UK: 80%
Games TM: 7 / 10
Developer: Sports Director Ltd.
Publisher: Pinnacle Entertainment
Platform: Nintendo DS
Release Date: 28th November 2008